I had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Susan Downs and Alex Voss who are co-producers for the film “The Big Secret”.
The Big Secret was created by five-time Emmy Award-winning producer Alex Voss and multi-award-winning filmmaker and integrative physician, Susan Downs.
What started as a personal journey to regain his health, Alex came face to face with the sad reality concerning the influence that big money has on our health and well being. Voss and Downs look at the history of medicine in the US and the influence that wealth and power have on the decisions that your doctor makes concerning your medical care.
This shocking documentary is the result of research and personal interviews with leading experts in the fields of medicine and nutrition. “Our goal is to empower people with knowledge and start a conversation that will ultimately lead to life-saving changes to our personal health, and reform in our healthcare system.” The Big Secret is only the beginning.
About Dr. Susan Downs
Dr. Susan is boarded in Integrative Medicine and in Psychiatry, is a certified IFM practitioner and certified in the American Academy of Antiaging Medicine. She works in the Emergency Room and is on the Psychiatry Consultant Registry (UK). She has Masters Degrees in engineering from MIT and Stanford and a Masters in Public Health from Loma Linda Medical Center.
Based between San Francisco and Bloomsbury (London), she is the president of the cutting edge, Silicon Valley Health Institute (SVHI), is the radio host of Occupy Health on Voice America and has worked in ten countries and studied many healing modalities. Previously, she worked for the NHS in the UK, was an assistant professor at INSEAD (European School for Business Administration), and was a foreign service officer managing alternative energy projects in Asia. She is also a film-maker with two multi-award-winning films on health. Her interests include medicine, economics, spirituality and making the world a better place
- The Big secret Film made from Alex’s health problems
- Healthcare should about solving foundational problems, not bandaids
- Side effects are actually THE effects
- Doctors are under tough parameters to get prescriptions right
- Cholesterol not problem as much as sugar
- Toxins lead to diabetes
- Oxidative stress leads to disease
- Alzheimer’s – Type 3 diabetes
- 3 kinds of Alzheimer’s
- Statins lower important nutrients in the body
- The medical board forced doctors to prescribe opiates
- FDA scientists warned to not use GMO’s
- Monsanto Papers
- YouTube CEO says curcumin and vitamin C videos will be censored
- Dr’s offices giving out vitamin C have been raided by the FBI
- SVHI Zoom conferences
- Fluoride used in water in low-income neighborhoods
- Declining food quality is leaving us nutritional deficient
- 40 mins talking about hydrogenated oils leading to depression
- Hydrogenated oil leads to inflammation in the brain
- Heart attacks highest in areas where fried food is most popular
- Reusing oil is a recipe for trans-fat
- Corn subsidies have given food companies incentives for using corn as an ingredient.
- 95% of corn is genetically modified
- Corn farming is welfare
- The western diet is overfed and starving to death
- Junkfood programs your palette to like junk food and not like healthy food
- Farmer’s Markets are better because you get fresh, high-quality food and the farmer makes more money