In this podcast, I’m discussing mercury, minerals, and metals with Sara Russell Ph.D., NTP, CGP.
We discuss what you absolutely need to know about mercury and how its toxicity can be multigenerational.
You’ll hear how Sara’s own history with mercury toxicity shaped her view on this hazardous toxin and how she used nutrition and mineral balancing to heal.
Who Is Sara Russel Ph.D., NTP, CGP
Sara Russell is a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner who works via video calling with clients worldwide, specializing in complex health conditions affecting individuals and families.
Sara has designed programs for nutrition during the preconception, pregnancy and postpartum periods.
Sara approaches each client’s health goals foundationally, from a root-cause-oriented, bio-individual and client-centered perspective. You can learn more about Sara’s work and read her blog at https://buildnurturerestore.
- Heavy Metal Toxicity and Mercury
- Sara’s story with mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings
- How Sara uses mineral balancing for heavy metal toxicity
- How copper and lead pair with mercury to amplify its effects
- Mercury toxicity in a mother’s womb
- The neurological decline from mercury toxicity
- Evidence of autism and psychiatric conditions from mother-derived mercury exposure
- How Mercury depletes glutathione which lowers the body’s ability to detoxify
- How mercury affects the HPA Axis, thyroid, and the blood brain barrier
- Mercury’s lipophilic nature allows it to bind to fat and the brain making it hard to get rid of
- Mercury exacerbates Hashimoto’s
- Low mercury in the hair can be a sign of high mercury toxicity, due to the inability to detoxify out of the tissues
- Unbound copper toxicity or deficiency experience fatigue and anxiety issues
- Iron supplementation doesn’t solve the problem of iron deficiency.
- Vitamin A/E/C- important antioxidants.. better w. Whole food than supplement
- Problems with zinc supplementation
- Zinc wasting is a sign of copper toxicity- High Zinc on the hair tissue mineral analysis
- Mercury from from fish is easier to detox than injeccted or inhaled mercury
- Alpha Lipoic Acid for mercury detox should be taken lower and frequently vs higher doses