Kathleen Trotter, MSc joined me for a spirited chat all about little tricks you can implement to trick your brain for increased motivation for fitness and better health. We spoke all about creating habits, mastering circadian rhythm, and how to manage your workout routine with realistic expectations.
About Kathleen Trotter
Kathleen Trotter, MSc, is a fitness expert, media personality, personal trainer, writer, and author of Finding Your Fit: A Compassionate Trainer’s Guide to Making Fitness a Lifelong Habit and Your Fittest Future Self. Making Choices Today for a Happier, Healthier, Fitter Future You. Kathleen has been a personal trainer and fitness expert for almost twenty years.
Kathleen spent over eight years writing for The Globe and Mail and has written for various other publications including Impact Magazine, ParticipAction, Breathe, Alive, Canadian Running, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, and Glow, and for six years she was the featured personal trainer in The Globe and Mail’s online Fitness Basics weekly web series and included in the Globe’s weekly newsletter for subscribers.
Kathleen holds a master’s degree in Exercise Science from the University of Toronto, a nutrition diploma from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, and a nutrition certification through Precision Nutrition. She is a C.H.E.K. Level 3 Trainer, a Level 2 Fascial Stretch Therapist, a Level 1 ELDOA practitioner, and a certified Pilates Equipment Specialist. Kathleen will complete her life coach practicum this year.
- Personal Trainer
- Atomic Habits
- Former Food Junkie
- Kathleen’s Books: Finding Your Fit; Your Fittest Future Self: Making Choices Today for a Happier, Healthier, Fitter Future You
- Importance of Being conscious and Effortful
- Unconscious Incompetence vs Consciously incompetent vs Consciously competent vs Unconsciously Competent
- Obessisson with Weight in Fitness is a problem
- Weight Loss As A Side Effect
- Circadian Rhythm’s Influence On Health
- Importance Of Zooming Out and Recognizing Overall Trends
- CGM Variability
- Power of Food and Mood Journal