Shawn Wells is a master formulator with 15 supplement patents to his name and years of experience running R&D for some of the top supplement companies in the world. This podcast is a high-level chat all about nootropics, peptides, and emerging nutrition science. If you’re looking for some advanced biohacking info, than be sure to listen with a notepad! Check Shawn out at his website shawnwells.com, and buy his book, “The Energy Formula”.
About Shawn Wells
Shawn Wells MPH, LDN, RD, CISSN, FISSN is the world’s leading nutritional biochemist and expert on health optimization.
He has formulated over 500 supplements, food, beverages, and cosmeceuticals and patented 10 novel ingredients including Teacrine, Dynamine and Dihydroberberine and is now known as the Ingredientologist – the scientist of ingredients. Formerly a Chief Clinical Dietitian with over a decade of clinical experience, he has counseled thousands of people on innovative health solutions such as keto, paleo, fasting, and supplements. He has also personally overcome various health issues including Epstein-Barr Virus, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, depression, insomnia, obesity, and a pituitary tumor.
As a world-renowned thought-leader on mitochondrial health, he has been paid to speak on five different continents. His insights have been prominently featured in documentaries and podcasts like Ben Greenfield and regularly on morning television. His expertise can help any health-conscious individual to better manage stress and experience greater resilience and more energy through utilizing his practical research-backed solutions.
His book, “The ENERGY Formula” has been recognized by both USA Today and Forbes as well as an Amazon best-seller in multiple categories.
- Started as a dietician.
- Degree in Nutritional Biochemistry
- Trained under Rob Wildman
- Dymatize Head of R/D
- Patented 15 ingredients
- 20 Years in Supplement Industry
- Problems with Multivitamins
- Multi-ingredient supplements should have synergistic methods of actions
- Too much choline problems
- Problems with Pre-formulated nootropic stacks
- Daniel Stickler MD
- Dihexa Peptide
- Cerebrolysin –
- 7, 8 dihydroxyflavon
- Anti-Aging Supplements (NR, NMN, Niacin, NAD)
- Niacin 500mg/2x day is best.. Beware the flush
- Quercetin and Apigenin (found in parsley)
- Glucose Disposal Agents – Metformin, Berberine, Dihydroberberine (5x more available than berberine)
- Probiotics vs Prebiotics vs PostBiotics 46:00
- High Fiber Diet vs High Fermented Food Diet Study
- Shawn’s Book: Energyformula.com
- Shawn’s Instagram: @shawnwells