Who Is Sally K Norton?
Sally Norton, the “Queen of Oxalates”, has over 30 years of experience in the health and wellness field.
In recent years, she has become a go-to source for how to get out of pain and reclaim your health and vitality by avoiding or limiting high-oxalate foods.
She did not learn about the unseen dangers of oxalate in popular plant foods at Cornell
University where she got her nutrition degree.
Nor did she hear about it from her studies Public Health—not even from working in the field of Integrative Medicine. Instead, she learned the hard way – her health completely collapsed; and after a few years, she figured out why.
For over 30 years, she struggled with the seemingly unanswerable question: “Why would a
person who knows how to build health have so many health difficulties that cannot be
When she finally discovered the cause and the path out of misery, she committed to teaching others and reaching out to others stuck in a similar conundrum.
You’ll be shocked to know that it was her healthy diet and fresh garden produce that broke
her body, trashed her brain, and sapped her energy.
Sally has devoted over 6 years of study to bring you valuable missing information about eating to support long-lasting health. Sally now shares this hard-won wisdom in hopes of helping others who may be heading for similar trouble—unless they recognize that oxalate is eroding their health.
Writer, researcher, and nutrition and wellness coach Sally Norton is creating a totally new
awareness about a critically important topic in nutrition.
Sally loves yoga, meditation, and gardening.
Sally has an information-rich blog at sallyknorton.com where you can sign up for her
online study groups.
You can follow her on Facebook and @sknorton on Instagram.
- Why Sally is the “Queen of Oxalate”
- Her low Oxalate journey came from her own health problems
- Vulva Pain Foundation
- 2 kiwi’s a day, celery juicing led to more pain and inflammation
- Shoutout to Susan Owens
- Oxalate diet is a bioaccumulation problem. They accumulate in the diet.
- Science of oxalates, How The Oxalate Molecule works
- Oxalates are a chelator of metals.
- Plants shoot out toothpick type oxalate when broken.
- Soluble oxalates bind with calcium in the gut and all over the body
- Oxalate crystals pierce through cellular membrane. Ends up in the mitochondria. Membrane damage can change the whole function of cells.
- Oxalates in the saliva are 4x higher than in the blood
- Enzymes that create glycogen are damaged from oxalates
- Mitochondria damage from oxalates leads to mental issues like depression and brain fog
- Oxalates and phytates in vegetables bond to other minerals along with calcium like magnesium.
- Rat spinach study. Canned Food diet. Showed rats health steadily declined with high spinach form canned foods.
- Starfruit poisonings
- How oxalates harm the kidneys. Anticoagulant proteins that bind to the oxalates.
- Thyroid and oxalates. The immune system goes crazy with oxalates = Autoimmunity.
- Depression and inflammation and oxalates
- Oxalates are a toxicity and a deficiency problem
- Cant cut oxalates out completely on a high ox diet. Need to gradually decrease.
- Supplements For Oxalates: Calcium, Mg citrate, lemons and lemon juice, thiamine, sulbutiamine, B6, methyl folate, B-Vitamins,
- Ascorbic Acid is a precursor to oxalate
- Avoid glycinate form of supplements
- B-vitamins Advanced orthomolecular research company
- Potassium bicarbonate