We’re talking all about genes and nutrigenomics with genetics expert Dr. Penny Kendall-Reed, BSc, ND.
Dr. Penny Kendall-Reed is a Naturopathic Doctor in Toronto.
After graduating from McGill University in Neurobiology, she earned a degree in Naturopathic Medicine from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine; here she received the Dr. Allen Tyler Award for Most Outstanding Clinician.
Penny Kendall-Reed is the author of 5 national bestselling books including The New Naturopathic Diet, Healing Arthritis, The No Crave Diet, The Complete Doctors Stress Solution, and The Complete Doctor’s Back Bible.
In 2013 she was voted Naturopath of the Year by her peers and colleagues, and in 2018 was the recipient of the top Naturopathic Doctor Award in Canada.
Dr. Kendall-Reed travels worldwide lecturing on the following topics: genetics- how to interpret and treat single nucleotide polymorphisms, neuroendocrine disorders, and metabolic-related diseases and is the creator of an integrated genetic platform GeneRx.ca.
She appears regularly on television, magazine, and radio across Canada and the United States addressing various health issues.
Dr. Kendall-Reed analyzes and interprets genetic profiles and uses them to design personalized health programs for patients worldwide.
She is an international medical consultant for Douglas Laboratories and Pure Encapsulations creating product formulations and overseeing the neuro-metabolic department.
Dr. Kendall-Reed is a member of the scientific board for Puregenomics and presently is the director of natural therapies at the Urban Wellness Clinic in Toronto.
- Why certain genes turn on and off
- How to turn genes on and off
- How genes affect people w. the same experiences have different reactions
- How stress alters gene expression
- How genetic alterations are passed down generationally
- How pollution influences IL-6 and inflammation genes
- Which genes affect what neurotransmitters you express- Seratonon, Dopamine, Norepinephrine
- How Genes tell you what nootropic or antidepressant you respond best to
- The problem with experiencing too much dopamine or serotonin
- Genetics 101 and the protein recipes for SNPs
- Heterozygote vs Homozygote
- GENERX.Ca- Penny’s Genetic algorithm reader and action platform
- The genes that create “dopamine junkies” and more risky behaviors
- How gut bacteria dictates our neurotransmitter production
- How methylation works and influences genes. Balancing over vs under-methylation
- How methylation affects arsenic and Homocysteine in the body
- The function of the HPA Axis and genes to slow down the stress response
- Rhodiola’s interaction with COMT genes
- HIIT Training for dopamine production
- Boosting dopamine through learning new things
- BDNF production and genes associated with neural growth factor
- The problem with curcumin
- Fix Your Genes To Fit Your Jeans Book
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25325819 (Mexico Women Arsenic Rate studies)
- Adaptogenic Herbs
- Casein Decapeptide
(Available through FullScript Dispensary)