This episode with John Fawkes is all about optimizing fitness. John and I discuss simple fitness hacks that can boost your workout results and the overall mind-body connection.
About John Fawkes
John Fawkes is a Los Angeles-based health and physique coach who helps people simultaneously build muscle and get leaner, while also living a healthier lifestyle. He has certifications from Precision Nutrition and the NSCA. John is the owner of JohnFawkes.com and managing editor at The Unwinder.
- Managing Editor of the-unwinder.com
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Stretching overrated
- Listening to Loud music could be as effective as warming up
- Pre-Workout protein
- Caffeine as a pre-workout
- The volume of training is the impetus of muscle growth
- Creatine 5g 2x/day is highly effective
- Creatine absorbs post-workout + sugar
- Caffeine can interfere w. Absorption of creatine
- Vitamin D3, Fish oil, Zinc,
- Zinc taste test
- Magnesium glycinate, Mg Threonate
- Must test
- Daylio app
- Importance of Journaling
- Most people not eating enough protein during breakfast.. leads to overeating in the day.
- 26 mins – Breakfast rant
- The post-workout Feeding window is longer than most people think
- Glycemic Index
- Hot foods have a higher GI than cool foods