This episode is all about essential oils and how they can be used to help boost the mind-body connection. My guest is Jodi Sternoff-Cohen who’s new book, ESSENTIAL OILS TO HEAL THE BRAIN AND BOOST THE BODY: 5 Steps to Calm Anxiety, Sleep Better, Reduce Inflammation, and Regain Control of Health introduces readers to the 5 necessary steps to reduce stressors, energy drains, and return the brain to optimal function.
In this podcast Jodi and I discuss how using essential oils can
- Shift into the Parasympathetic Healing State of the Nervous System
- Support Restful Sleep and allow the brain to detoxify
- Fuel your Brain with blood sugar and oxygen
- Managing Stress, Mood, Weight to Boost Energy
- Modulate your Immune System and Calm Inflammation
Who Is Jodi Cohen
Jodi Sternoff Cohen is a bestselling author, award-winning journalist, functional practitioner and founder of Vibrant Blue Oils, where she has combined her training in nutritional therapy and aromatherapy to create unique proprietary blends of organic and wild-crafted essential oils. She has helped over 50,000 clients heal from brain related challenges, including anxiety, insomnia, and autoimmunity.
For the past ten years, she has lectured at wellness centers, conferences, and corporations on brain health, essential oils, stress, and detoxification. She has been seen in The New York Times, Wellness Mama, Elephant Journal and numerous publications. Her website, www.vibrantblueoils.com, is visited by over 300,000 natural health seekers every year, and she has rapidly become a top resource for essential oils education on the Internet today.
- Jodi has a long history of using essential oils for adrenal support
- melling oils help bc olfactory cells are akin to brain cells
- Oils are absorbed through skin and nose directly to the brain
- Eirtree vitamin spray
- Supplements in pill form are ineffective for people with gut and digestive issues
- Blood-brain barrier protects the brain from some supplements and vitamins
- Autonomic nervous system- Parasympathetic vs Sympathetic nervous system
- The vagus nerve starts at the base of the brain and is what shifts us in and out of autonomic nervous systems.
- Certain essential oils like clove and lime applied behind the earlobe on the mastoid bone can stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Lots of studies pointing to essential oils effectiveness
- Distilled Citrus oils are good for depression
- Lavender good for sleep
- Rose geranium good for blood sugar
- Roman chamomille, castor oil pack good for gallbladder
- Most important to buy organic essential oils that are free from pesticides
- Radical Remission- Kelly Turner (Book)
- Anxiety Attack Hack: Smell clove, lime, or orange, or whatever you like to smell through the left nostril
- Vibrant Blue Oils
- Essential Oils Book
Boostthebrainbook.com/gift for 25 strategies to stimulate the vagus nerve.