This episode with Dr. Jill Crista, ND is all about mold toxicity and how regular exposure to mold can affect your brain.
Dr. Crista is one of the leading voices on mold toxicity and it’s prevalence in our modern society.
Many chronic diseases and mental health issues have a connection to mold exposure.
Dr. Jill offers great insight into the scourge of mold, what it’s doing to your body and brain, and how to combat this problem.
Who Is Dr. Jill Crista, ND
Dr. Jill Crista is a naturopathic doctor, best-selling author, and internationally recognized educator on mold illness.
She helps people recover their health after exposure to toxic mold.
Dr. Crista is the author of Break The Mold: 5 Tools To Conquer Mold and Take Back Your Health.
She also provides online training for medical practitioners to help them become Mold-Literate; to efficiently and effectively identify and treat their mold-sick patients.
- Dr. Jill Crista is a Naturopathic Dr.
- As a naturopath, she treats the cause of disease
- Specializes in treating Lyme disease
- Found that Mold makes Lyme worse
- Top mold exposure is from water damaged building
- High Humidity grows mold
- Mold feeds on carbohydrates from building material
- Molds compete with each other w. mycotoxins
- Mycotoxins found in air ducts can cross BBB.
- Mycotoxins are breathed in
- Urine panel is a way to see mycotoxin exposure
- Many ppl w. mycotoxins get sarcopenia.
- Mold can be odorless
- Clues to look for: Flat roof, finished basement, water stains, Floorboards, rusty nails, refrigerator.
- Ice Makers are high in mold.
- Drink Ice water get dementia (Video).
- Other household goods high in mold: Keurigs, baby bath toys, CPAP machine
- Worst Mold Foods: Cheese, beer, yeast, mushroom, alcohol
- Fungus found in the sinus
- Glutathione needs to be good to excrete mycotoxin to show in Organic acid test
- Antibiotics – Penicillin turns into mold in the body
- Mold makes candida worse.
- Dose, duration susceptibility
- ADHD tied to mold
- Mold causes leaky gut
- Most mold patients report anxiety
- Brain Fog symptom of mold
- Need more connection to nature
- Mold lowers natural killer cell count
- PAN and PANDAS: Mold and Lyme connection
- Anti-fungals found in food makes mold worse
- Fixing mold can help treat Lyme disease
- Pottenger’s Cats
- Antibiotics Problems
- Gut health importance
- Get a certified mold inspector
- RealTime Labs for mycotoxin testing. (Get through a Practitioner)
- Monitor humidity with a humidity monitor.
- Mold grows at 50% humidity
Supplements That Help Mold Exposure
- 6-8g DHA
- Copious clean correct fats
- Olive oil
- Fish oil
- Emulsified Vitamin D, Vitamin A, CoQ10 (all fat-soluble vitamins)