Holistic Nootropics Podcast Show Notes
This episode features Brendan Vermeire.
Brendan is a Functional Medicine Consultant, Clinical Researcher, Board Certified Holistic Health
Practitioner, Master Nutrition Coach, Master Personal Trainer, USAW Sports Performance Coach, and
Crossfit Certified Trainer.
He began his career as a personal trainer and nutrition coach at the age of 19 after disappointingly being
medically discharged from the United States Navy Seal training pipeline due to an injury. After being
exposed to the power of functional lab testing in the start of his career, he began intensely pursuing that
as a career path which has led him to be widely regarded as one of the top leading experts in Metabolic
Health and Holistic Education.
He is the proud owner of the Metabolic Solutions Research and Education Foundation, a not for profit
foundation dedicated to advancing our scientific understanding of Chronic Conditions, while educating
Health Professionals and Clinicians with cutting edge strategies to best serve their clients and patients.
As a top functional testing consultant physicians seek out his wisdom to help better serve their patients and bring the insights that come from certain functional tests that measure metabolism, environmental toxins, mold, hormones and more.
This is incredibly important as many doctors are using these tests and not fully interpreting them to their best potential.
Insights from these tests can shine a light on many hidden stressors in the body that lead to neurodegenerative diseases, psychological problems, metabolic issues, and overall inflammation.
As more physicians gain this info from people like Brendan, more patients will be empowered to make educated choices that positively impact their health.
Topics Discussed In This Podcast
- Brendan’s Bodybuilding past
- Origins of the Holistic Savage
- Brendan’s path from being a personal trainer
- The importance of optimizing cellular health
- Less than 10% of ppl Dx’d w. Diagnosed have ONLY depression. Depression is always accompanied by other conditions.
- Depression as a side effect of other co-morbidities
- Mental health is a combination of physiological factors
- The prevalence of mold in our everyday lives and its devastating effects on mental health
- The interplay of fungal infections, mycotoxins, gut health, and mental health
- Mycotoxins were once studied for biological warfare
- Why Stool tests can be misleading
- Understanding methylation can be a health game-changer
- The complexity of finding the balance between under and over methylation
- Functional medicine’s dependence on supplementation
- Are fewer supplements better?
- Strict supplement protocols may cause more problems.
- The Subtlety of holistic treatments vs traditional medicine
- The importance of listening to your body to truly heal
- The power of food and mood journals and connecting diet’s influence on your mood
- Functional testing and why correctly interpreting them is so important
- The power of the Organic acid test for people with brain, gut, and metabolic issues
- ++ So Much More
Brendan’s Functional Testing Course and Mentorship
Check out Brendan’s Mastering Organic Acids Course and Mentorship options.
Mind Lab Pro
Optimize your brain with our preferred Nootropic stack, Mind Lab Pro. The Nootropic Multi-Vitamin for anyone looking to boost brain function and cognition.