Optimize Your Family’s Mental Health with Dr. Lesley Sanders (Ep 10)
This episode is all about integrative psychology with Dr. Lesley Sanders.
We discuss how her use of an integrative approach to psychotherapy greatly increases her success with patients.
- Dr. Sanders’ experience working with families and children
- How kids’ access to the internet is changing the family dynamic and leading to kids growing up faster than ever before.
- The importance of parents communicating their true “intent” when dictating instructions to their children
- How parents working at home during COVID affects the relationship with children
- The importance of finding time for yourself and shutting your mind off
- Why it’s not a good idea for parents to be their kids’ friend.
- How the ubiquitousness of environmental toxins are creating childhood mental health issues
- The connection between inflammation and mental health issues
- The growing evidence of toxins involved in ADHD, Pans, and Pandas
- Using micronutrient testing, Organic acid testing, gut testing to see physiological issues behind mental pathologies
- Why integrative medicine helps address individual mental health issues
- How to appropriately use pharmaceutical medication
- The Importance of lowering inflammation with whole foods to get improved mental health results
- The impact of processed food ingredients in mental health
- The problem with long term pharmaceutical use in young children and how there are no longitudinal safety studies
- Using detox to improve conditions of ADHD, Pans, Pandas
- Using the IonCleanse to pull out toxins
- The biology of biofilms and how they hide toxins.
- Connection of antibiotics and mental health disorders
- Importance of using probiotics when using antibiotics
- Leaky gut and Leaky Brain
- Leaky Gut Symptoms- Lack of concentration and focus, w. Irritability
- Where Brain Fog comes from
- Mindful eating’s impact on mental health and gut health
- Opioid and stimulant medication’s tie to Alzheimer’s
- Genetics are your liability but not your destiny – Epigenetics
- CardioMetabolic panel w. C-reactive protein high sensitivity
- Ozone Sauna.. its work on the lymphatic system. Cleans out the liver and pulls toxins out of blood cells
- Frankincense calms down the central nervous system
- BioMat and its effects on the body to draw emotions from the mind
- EFT Tapping
- Genomind – Test that shows what medication works best for a person
- Great Plains Organic Acid, GPL Tox
- Magnesium Threonate
- IonCleanse- Ionic Detox Foot Bath
- EFT Tapping
- Ozone Sauna
About the author:
Erik Levi is a co-founder of HolisticNootropics.com and a certified holistic nutritional therapy practitioner.
As an NTP Erik takes a nutrition first approach to health. He has worked with many different people to help them use nutrition to optimize their quality of life.
Erik believes that mental health is a physiological process and cognitive enhancement is not something that can be achieved by just taking some pills with good Amazon reviews.
Instead, true cognitive enhancement comes with the right balance of nutrients, movement, and gratitude. Erik continues to stay up to date with the most current nootropic and holistic health research and promises to deliver the best solutions possible.
You can check out his personal health blog/podcast/YouTube Channel all under the name Holistic A-Hole.