About Dr. Kurt Woeller, D.O.
Kurt N. Woeller, D.O., has been a functional and integrative medicine physician, as
well as a biomedical autism specialist, for over two decades.
He is an author of several health books including “Autism – The Road To Recovery”, “Methyl-B12 Therapy For Autism”, “Methyl-B12 for Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia” and “5 Things You MUST
Do Right Now To Help With Your Rheumatoid Arthritis.”
He is a lecturer (throughout the United States and International), educator and experienced clinician offering specialized treatment and testing for individuals with complex medical conditions such as autism-spectrum disorders, autoimmune, chronic digestive and neurodegenerative disorders.
His health consulting practice for autism alone is multinational with families from various countries.
Dr. Woeller has served as a lab advisor for both BioHealth Laboratory and Great Plains Laboratory (GPL).
He developed and teaches the course on Organic Acid Test (OAT) interpretation and practice implementation for the GPL Academy as part of their ongoing educational seminars. As part of GPL educational outreach programs and seminars, Dr. Woeller participates in the annual Integrative Medicine for Mental Health (IMMH) conference.
Dr. Woeller is also the co-founder of Integrative Medicine Academy, an online integrative medicine health practitioner training program with multiple online courses in gastrointestinal disorders (SIBO Mastery Course), autism (Autism Mastery Course), adrenal and hormone problems (Hormone Mastery Course), functional medicine (Functional Mastery Course), organic acids testing (Essential and Advanced OAT Mastery Courses) and environmental toxicity (Toxicity Mastery Course).
He also runs an extensive biomedical autism educational website called Autism Recovery System and a
functional medicine website for doctors called Functional Medicine Clinical Rounds.
- Osteopathic vs Allopathic Dr’s
- The Mind/Body connection
- Using integrative medicine for mental health
- Diet and nutrition’s influence on health
- Environmental toxicity’s influence on health
- Gut’s influence on health
- Why food is more important than supplements
- The metabolic energy it takes to process bad food can deplete total energy
- Need thiamin to metabolize sugar
- Neurotransmitters don’t work in isolation
- Dopamine breaks down into quinone which causes problems without robust antioxidants like glutathione. Example= Parkinson’s
- Dopamine Beta Hydroxylase’s influence on dopamine converting to norepinephrine which is important for focus and attention
- DBH is affected by genetic factors, copper deficiency, ascorbic acid, infections, mold, and clostridia bacteria family
- Because of problems of DBH, L-Tyrosine can be problematic
- The problems with Antibiotics. People taking antibiotics and ending up w. Candida problems.
- Candida yeast and mold can interfere with neurotransmitters
- Autism and other mental disorders have a high level of Ochratoxin from Aspergillus mold.. high in grains, coffee, etc
- Ochratoxin inhibits Phenylalanine conversions
- Candida can be controlled with B6, Biotin, lysine
- Arabinose can be countered with lipoic acid
- AutoBrewer’s Syndrome from Candida feeding on sugar and producing ethanol. Can lead to brain fog (52 mins).
- Alcohol leads to thiamin deficiency.
- Thiamin deficiency problems.
- Organic Acid Test measures organic acids from metabolism
- GPL Tox is a chemical toxin test
- Thyroid function – perchlorate chemical can affect it
- Filtered water is most important for detox and avoiding glyphosate and pesticides as much as possible
- Integrative Medicine academy.com for courses for practitioners
Labtestplus.com: Get an organic test with interpretation