Dr. Peter Kozlowski, aka Dr. Koz, joined me on the podcast to discuss the intricacies of the gut-brain connection. We dive deep into all things gut health and how he uses functional medicine principles and targeted testing to address foundational issues rather than pharmaceuticals to help his patients. Dr. Koz explains the differences between food allergies and food sensitivities, the benefits of elimination diets, the role of antibiotics, the role of the nervous system on digestion and so much more!
About Dr. Peter Kozlowski
As a Functional Medicine M.D., Dr. Peter Kozlowski uses a broad array of tools to find the source of the body’s dysfunction: he takes the time to listen to his patients and plots their history on a timeline, considering what makes them unique and co-creating with them a truly individualized care plan. Currently he works with patients online and in person via his Chicago, Illinois and Bozeman, Montana based offices. Dr. Kozlowski did his residency in Family Practice, but started training in Functional Medicine as an intern. He trained in the clinics with leaders in his field including Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Deepak Chopra, and Dr. Susan Blum.
- Book: Unfunc Your Gut available on Amazon
- Insta: @doc_koz; FB: /doctorkoz
- Functional Medicine
- Recovering Alcoholic
- Functional Medicine Dr’s patients getting better. Its a bad business model.
- Why functional medicine saves you money over the long term
- UnFunc Your Gut – Why Dr. Koz focuses so much on the gut.
- Environmental Medicine
- MAPS – Autism
- Antibiotic Overprescription
- Food Sensitivity Tests vs Food Allergies
- 21 Day Elimination Diet – Same length of IgG antibody half-life
- Carnivore Diet, Low For-Map Diets
- High Histamine Food
- Mental Health is directly tied to gut health
- Parasympathetic vs Sympathetic Nervous system
- Influence of Enteric Nervous System
- Gut Healing on Mental Health
- Intermittent Fasting 24-36 hours 2-3 times a day