Dr. Alan Bauman joined me on the podcast this week to discuss all things holistic hair restoration. Dr. Bauman has been recognized as one of the top hair restoration doctors in the country and runs a 12,000 sq foot hair restoration hospital in Florida. In this podcast, we discuss the many factors that are involved with hair loss and some things you can do to transform your bald spot.
About Dr. Alan Bauman
Dr. Alan Bauman is a full-time board-certified hair restoration physician who has treated over
30,000 patients, has performed over 10,000 hair transplant procedures and over 8000 PRP’s
since starting his medical hair loss practice, Bauman Medical in 1997.
Bauman Medical is a 12,000 square foot, state-of-the-art “Hair Hospital” in downtown Boca
Raton, FL, is located about a mile from the renowned Boca Resort & Club.
Dr. Bauman is one of approximately only 200 physicians worldwide to achieve the certification
from the esteemed American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS).
Dr. Bauman is known for pioneering numerous technologies in the field of hair restoration
including minimally-invasive FUE Follicular Unit Extraction, VIP|FUE™ No-Shave Hair Transplant,
Low-Level Laser Therapy, PRP Platelet Rich Plasma, PDOgro™, Eyelash Transplants and others.
He is a frequently invited faculty member and guest expert at numerous international scientific
meetings and live surgery workshops and has been featured in hundreds of news stories in the
media. You may have seen him on NBC Today, CBS Early Show, ABC Good Morning America,
CNN, The Doctors, Spencer Kobren’s The Bald Truth, Bulletproof Radio with Dave Asprey or
featured in Men’s Health, GQ, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, The New York Times, Oprah Magazine
and many more.
Dr. Bauman was voted “#1 Top Hair Restoration Surgeon” in North America by Aesthetic
Everything for the 5th consecutive year, “Top Hair Restoration Surgeon of the Decade”, and he
was recently named by Forbes as one of “10 CEOs Transforming Healthcare in America.”
- Biohackingcongress.com (October 16, 17 2021) Save 50% w. code HACK50
- Originally studied plastic surgery, found his way to hair restoration
- Hair Loss Cause: Sensitivity to dihydrotestosterone
- DHT formed from 5-alpha-reductase
- Finasteride: blocks type 2 5-alpha-reductase
- Finasteride doesn’t work for everyone the same
- Genetic Testing can tell you if Finasteride works
- Phototherapy, Red Light Therapy for hair regrowth
- Surgical procedures – Transplantation
- Why the Side of scalp stays
- Possibly more prone to heart disease w. Male Pattern Baldness
- Gabrin Sign
- Holistic Nutrition things to help w. Hair restoration
- Sleep’s effect on sleep
- Adaptogens help stress which helps
- Saw Palmetto (anti-androgen)
- Cortisol and Norepinephrine’s connection to Hair Loss. Each follicle is tied to HPA Axis.
- Women’s hair follicles tend to be more sensitive than men
- The microbiome can influence hair growth.
- Alopecia and Inflammation
- Shampoo and Conditioner Critiques
- Hair Myths and Old Wives Tale
- @Dralanbauman on Social Media